Monday, October 02, 2006

For Ratu

It brings tears to my eyes
To feel how much I love you.
I am humbled by your love
And innumerable acts of kindness.

In the midst of my suffering
I forget that you suffer too.
More so, I’m sure, for your inconceivable
Compassion, and courage to face your pain.

I know that it is not your responsibility
To absolve me for my past inconsiderations
But forgive me for my selfish ignorance.

Please teach me the true meaning
Of Spiritual Friend
So I may share your pain
And learn to love as you do.



Prayer for Ratu's Blessing

O Lama of unrepayable kindness
I always remember you.
You have given my life purpose.

Until I reach the highest enlightenment
May you always sit on the
Lotus throne of my heart.

May you always guide me
With your love and compassion.

Please bless my mind.

Grant me Courage and Faith
To fight the legions of Mara
For the sake of all sentient beings.

May your wisdom be my sword.
Cut through my conditioning with
The molten fire of your understanding.

Grant me your Strength 
so that I may see Truth 
Through the eyes of Compassion.

Awareness be my shield.
Protect me from the harm of
Others and my own inner demons.

Mindfulness be my steed and
The steel of my Devotion.

Insight be my eyes
And Dignity, my demeanour.

Impartiality be my ears
And Truth and Skilful Means be my voice.

Eroticism be my power of dominion
Cloaked in the Passion of my charisma.

Emptiness be my adviser.
May I develop the power
To let go of all my attachments.

Beauty be my light and warmth
So that I may guide all beings
Out of darkness of suffering
And into the mandala of Lord Buddha.

Most of all, O lama of unrepayable kindness
Be my heart
So I may rule myself with the humility and love
Of a true king - a Bodhisattva of the Buddhas.

No comments: